Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY (THE PSYCHIATRIC COMMUNITY)ARE STILL HAWKING THIS SHIT

Back in my time as a nut cracker,they called it "multiple personality disorder",after it was largely debunked,the eggheads who hatched this in cahoots with the psych community and big pharmaceuticals laid back for awhile,tweaked the Sally Field out of it and re dubbed it "dissociative Identity Disorder" and the latest victim/book writer about this total sham is non other than former NFL great Herschel Walker.
You can read all about it here...

Total horse shit...really

You might remember him from an old SNL skit where Eddy Murphy parodied him in an interview with Joe Piscipo's sports reporter and said his autobiography was called "thoughts that got stuck in my neck",and he planned to use the proceeds from the book to "Buy more shirts"...funny stuff.
But back to the matter at hand.
He does not have "D.I.D",he has "E.O.C",commonly referred to as end of career,and he is (one diagnosis I support) "S.B.O.A.I" or seriously bummed out about it.
But he has mistakenly latched on to the D.I.D because a bunch of greedy intellectuals in the psych field in the pockets of drug makers have said it is so,to the tune of 100 or so dollars an hour.They gather in a Freudian circle jerk and tweak the DSM to meet the needs of same.What are we now?Up to DSM.V.575?
I don't know,and I don't care.
For the record,here is a list of other "diagnoses" I find to be totally fabricated...
Conduct disorder (and all of it's permutations)...an excuse to market Tegretol.A punk is a punk,if they are young enough,reasonable spankings work wonders,consistant parenting and limits work well too.If older,lock them up and subject them to military based discipline for a while,you'd be surprised.
ADD,ADHD,AADHD and all the other A's they trot out at the annual big pharma "look at our new drugs that we will pull in a few years when the people taking them start killing themselves,their families and random students where they go to school".
I have suffered from S.A.B.O.A.I myself several times in my life and have exhibited symptoms described by Mr. Walker,except for the russian roulette thing (I suspect there was crack involved in that one,or maybe Ice,two meds I have never tried).I was angry,I was an asshole,I got drunk a lot.I even cried uncontrollably in socially awkward situations.
Was it "D.I.D"?Was it "M.P.D"?No...each and every time,it turned out to be a common disorder,experienced by us all to varying degrees.
It's called "F.S.F.M" or feeling sorry for my self.And the prescription was and is always,get the fuck over yourself and move on.
This is why I am now an electrician.And for the record,the ones I do believe are real are...Depression,Bi-polar disorder and the varying forms of schizophrenia,all of these have a chemical or organic base and can be proved medically.The others are just an excuse for bad behavior and a way to push drugs on an unsuspecting public.

No comments:

Post a Comment