Saturday, April 26, 2008

Getting by
This week at work wasn't so bad. I've made good progress on not letting the job get to me. That may only be because money matters have taken it's place, but the fact remains that I got two nights of good sleep this week - the first good night's sleep since November. Yay! Oh, and it probably also helped my stress level when I missed work on Thursday due to a recalcitrant doorknob that jammed and wouldn't let me shut the front door. Or not... given the previous mentioned money matters. There was good news on Thursday though because not only did I eventually beat the doorknob back into submission, but I also completed a major house cleaning project in the dining area of the house. That's something that has been on hold since November when my back first started acting up and proof that the old back really is getting better. But damn it's been a long road. I'll probably never be pain free, but it's manageable most days now.

I mentioned money matters earlier as a problem and we are so very broke that I've had to blow the dust off my $2.00 dinner recipes again. Tonight's special was pigs in a blanket. Take 1/2 of of a 75 cent package of hotdogs & cut the 5 hotdogs in half so you have 10 pieces. Open a 75 cent tube of dinner roll dough (has 10 roll pieces). Smash each dinner roll flat, then roll up a hot dog piece with a 1/2 slice of cheese. Seal the ends so the cheese doesn't leak out (good luck with that.) Bake in the oven 10-15 minutes along with 1/2 of a $1.50 package of tater tots. With the cheese that might have come out to more than $2.00 total, but it's close. Not the healthiest of meals, but we can eat healthy when Rob gets paid on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment