Sunday, April 13, 2008

GREEN BELT AGAIN (YOU'VE GOT TO FOLLOW THE RULES)



I took Irene to the green belt this morning...this is becoming a sunday ritual for us.It's a beautiful place,one that I have enjoyed since I was a kid.Very little has changed in all those years,except the nature of some of the people that go there.



She is an amazingly well behaved dog,but I still carry a leash and maintain an awareness of our surroundings,when I see other dogs/people approaching I put her leash on,out of common respect for those dogs/people and after all-there is a leash law in effect on the belt.



On our way back to the car,after a 2 mile hike to airmans cave(above),this guy was jogging with his dog,off the leash-which is cool with me,this is a wilderness area and dogs should have the opportunity to run free of restraint,but unlike me and Beenz,this guy didn't even have one.I saw them coming and put on Beenzi's leash.
His dog,much bigger than Irene,lunged at her and we had an exchange...
Me:Where's your fucking leash?
Guy:Oh,that bothers you huh?
Me:You got to follow the fucking rules asshole.
Guy:Said something smart and sarcastic.
Me:one more word out of you and I'm gonna fuck you up.
End of conversation.
Some California asshat harshed our buzz after a truly beautiful walk.
Irene was non plussed about it,but I should of decked that guy,just to get some closure-HA:)

No comments:

Post a Comment