Wednesday, April 09, 2008

ANOTHER ONE AND A PHONE CALL



My son called me today to tell me that Blind Melon was on tour with another singer (being that Shannon Hoon died of a heroin overdose so long ago).I don't know if it put all this in motion,but I took him to see Blind Melon when he was like 9 years old and when Shannon snuffed it he was crushed,and who can not hear "No Rain" and not get that creepy stoned out grin on their face?I know I do every time I hear it.
These events apparently had an impact on the boy,so I guess we are going to see them when they come to town this summer.
I wonder if he remembers riding on my shoulders at the free Cracker show at SXSW out side the driskill hotel when he was like 5?
You can only lead them to culture and hope it pays off...I think it did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment