Friday, April 11, 2008

IRENE...HUNTER,GATHERER


If you gave me more than one bag of moist food a night,I wouldn't have to do this shit.

Shortly after doggy feeding time tonight,Irene bolted out of the patio door,clawing Ann's foot on the way out.Ann cried out in pain and cursed her for her bad manners.And seconds later we heard the oddest sound.Which turned out to be the death squalls of a squirrel,fallen prey to my beloved beanz.It turns out that she and Theo were acting in congress to get this cute little morsel,and got it they did.
She didn't want to give up her bounty,I had to gently bonk her on the head with the flashlight 3 or 4 times before she dropped it followed by verbal commands to do so.By that time it was dead,fallen victim to the vice like grip that is the beenzi-maw crush of death.
She did not want to give it up.But she did,like a good girl,to her Dad.She knows who the alpha dog is.However,I could never hunt down a rodent and kill it with my teeth.
I already knew that she could kill the fuck out some rats,but I have never seen her hunt down and ambush a fucking squirrel.Amazing really...considering her age.
We were bummed,because we both like squirrels,but I can't help but be proud of her and the grumpy old man for giving me an awesome fucking picture.
Thanks kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment