Friday, April 04, 2008

FUCKING FRIDAY

I spent my entire day either on my back under a counter or on a 10 ft. ladder.The ladder was in a confined space in the ceiling that I barely fit in.The mission was to connect a four inch box and a four and eleven sixteenths box to a 2x2 ft. junction box with metal conduit to provide raceways for data cables.I did this for 9 hours...and didn't finish.I was so close,but I ran out of time.My feet are fucking throbbing and my arms are coated with sheetrock dust from all the sawing and drilling.I had to do some creative bending as well...back to back 90's,kicks with 90's...it was awesome.
I have to admit though,it would have been more fun if Chuck had been there.Other than some situational help,I did this on my own.
However,I reloaded my mp3 player last night and listened to a weird amalgam of bluegrass,industrial and heavy metal throughout the day.I guess the benefits of working alone include not having to communicate with another person,which allows you to jam out with the headphones.And...WE DON'T HAVE TO WORK TOMORROW!!!
HOORAY!
The money would have been nice,but fuck it,I'm tired and there are things I want to do around the house (like finding that Subhumans shirt for work wear on Monday).And maybe even that picture of Tanya for Bill.That would be a score.

No comments:

Post a Comment