Thursday, April 03, 2008

THIRSTY THURSDAY

The first thing I can say about today,is there was a cocktail or 5 with my name on it when I got home.Another ladder intensive day replete with circuit conundruns to boggle the mind.We figured it all out in the end.Our foreman was back at work today,and I'm not surprised.Trooper,that one.
On a sad note,I found Annabelle (the turtle) had passed when I got home,she was headed that way for a few weeks now,I could see the signs of age taking it's toll.I put her in a bag and into the trash bin outside and went back in the house.Before the door closed I was back outside.Got her out and gave her a dignified burial-I just couldn't put a dear friend and companion in the trash.She will be missed.
I have been on the search for a Subhumans tour shirt that got packed away during our remodel and while I haven't found it,I've found a bunch of other t shirts and this cd player I bought to listen to on the airplane to my buddy Johns surprise birthday party in Colorado.That was in 2002.The batteries were all blown up and I thought it was a lost cause.I cleaned it up and put in some new batteries and it still worked!I spent all of 20 bucks on the thing-so-good on ya audiovox!A momento of a special trip lives on.
That back room of ours is a treasure hunt.Mostly full of smiles and happy memories.
And no,Bill,I haven't found the picture of your dog,but I'm looking:)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in the day, people reset bowling pins...One of my favorite bands from the 80's had this song about one of those people...And I'll be damned,I found it on youtube.Enjoy.


Teenage pin queen-Eleventh Dream Day,from the album "Beet".




That makes 5...goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment