Tuesday, April 01, 2008

SUPER TUESDAY

5:00am...
Theo nudges me awake along with low grumblings.This used to an Ann exclusive habit,but lately he's been dividing it pretty evenly between us.It usually means I want to go out or I'm thirsty.
So I got up and stumbled down the hall saying "What bud,show me"?Only he wasn't following,but instead standing in the bedroom doorway continuing the muffled "boof"s and wagging his tail.I got him water anyway and he still didn't come.
It wasn't until I started back to bed that I snapped to what was really bothering him.He saw me returning and did his running start jump up on the bed and settled into his usual spot for his early morning snuggle under my neck.It appears that between me,Irene, an errant comforter and Ann,the foot of the bed was completely blocked.His solution?Wake up Dad and fake him out.Pretty smart for a grumpy old man!

7:00am to 4:30pm...
On the way to work I was thinking about one of my favorite war movies,The Beast,about a lost Russian tank/crew in Afghanistan.The commander is a nutjob,and after purging 2 members of the crew,the driver comments cheerfully "The tank seems roomier sir".With yesterdays lay offs,the job site felt the same way.
Those of us that remained moved in the UPS system,or,uninterrupted power supply.Basically a back up power supply consisting of 2 cabinets full of giant batteries (5000 pounds each) a monitor cabinet and a panel cabinet (2200 pounds each).
We had to lay out a path of 8 4x8 ft. sheets of 3/4" plywood across the floor to avoid damaging the tile,and when we reached the end,move it all around in front of the cabinet.We completed this process 4 times for each of the bigger cabinets.We moved the smaller ones in the previous afternoon,sans plywood path.I was reminded of the way pyramids were built for some reason.
The afternoon was spent moving it into the UPS room in the proper order and then hooking it up.I spent my afternoon helping the fire alarm tech install air sampling units,a new experience for me,and now I know a little bit more about how these systems work.
The ground turkey/black olive/garlic and herb spaghetti sauce is simmering as I type,and the water's ready for the pasta.
later...

No comments:

Post a Comment