Thursday, November 03, 2005

You can't win if you don't play
How many years have we had the lotto in Texas? I really don't know, but however long it's been, during that time I have probably bought a maximum of 20 tickets. It's not that I haven't been able to spare a buck once and a while, it just the odds of winning are so astronomical that it didn't make sense to bother with the hassle of having cash in hand (my wallet is always empty of cash), visiting the store and then checking the numbers the next morning. But it has come to my attention that my odds of landing a good paying job with a decent retirement plan are also astronomical. So what the hell, I'm going to buy a lotto ticket now and again. Rob's covering the scratch off angle and for him, it's entertainment more than any thing else. I don't see where I can get any entertainment value out of buying a piece of paper with some numbers on it, but maybe that slim possibility, that little glimmer of hope, is worth throwing a dollar away.

No comments:

Post a Comment