Tuesday, November 22, 2005

STRAY CATS

As I've been writing, I take Sullivan on rides in the evening...to the store mostly. I've been trying to spread the love around of late to the other kids, and I decided to take Irene with me. Now, irene is usually a very well behaved little diva of a dog, not requiring the requisite leash our spazzy Sully gets before the door is opened. Irene jets out the door and immediately flushes one of the neighbors cats out from under the rodeo. The cat hightails it across the street to home. There are cars coming and Irene is in hot persuit...across the street in traffic.
I race across the street after her...she is apparently travelling so fast that my voice is unhearable and she disappears behind the house. I turn around to see Theo in the driveway, the neighbors driveway the one across the street. Meanwhile, the neighbors bajillion cats are all ducking for cover, like that old video game duckshoot. I holler at Theo, and he cuts and runs, realizing he fucked up,straight to our front door...through traffic. This is when I see he forced the gate ( time to put the lock back on the gate )to the back yard and ran his narrow handicapped ass after his sister. Have I said
through traffic enough yet?
I put him in the house and Ann is looking at me dumbfounded and asks what happened? I just say shut the door and get my flashlight out of the rodeo and head back over to the neighbors for Irene, who I'm hoping hasn't captured and killed one of his fucking cats. I find her in the side yard, and as soon as she sees me she jets in her hyper speed mode...thats right...across the street with cars coming, straight to the front door.
After a spanking and alot of "bad girl" admonishment...she was tossed into her room, where she remains at this writing. Little bitch :)...I can understand the lure of cats, but it was the cars that they didn't see that freaked me out so much...whew!
What a mad minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment