Monday, November 21, 2005

I should have left town...
This vacation is trying very hard to turn into no vacation. My dad has already called and come by this morning causing me to cut short my pajama time because I had to get dressed so I could help him work on the Tempo, the car that has been sitting dead in my driveway for over a year. Apparently it needs new windshield wipers and an air filter before it goes to the shop where it may or may not be fixed. I went ahead and did it, but I put my foot down when he told me we should go down to the tax office tomorrow to the get the title changed over and buy tags for it. Sorry Dad, but as much as I appreciate the fact that you've decided to give me the car instead of giving it to my brother, I'm not going to waste a vacation day standing in line at the county tax office. Meanwhile I managed to get five missed calls on my cell phone while I was out mucking with the car. That's more calls in one morning that I usually get in an entire week. Forget it folks, I'm not calling you back. Now the gas company is here because there's a gas leak. Fortunately they traced it to the neighbors house and not ours, but this morning has not been an auspicious start for my vacation. I hadn't planned on getting drunk today, but I think I've just changed my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment