Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Are we there yet?
I'm working shorter days this week, but they seem longer. I suspect that this has more to do with the end of daylight savings time than my pending vacation, but I'd bet the anticipation of 10 days off in a row plays a role. The year long wait for vacation time seemed an eternity, but the month between the request for it and the actual occurrence seems equally as long. I think the trick is to create a list of things I "need" to have done before my vacation starts. A good to-do list could really make time fly. The trick will be convincing myself I really "need" to do what ever is on the list. Perhaps a way to develop that "need" would be to make some vacation plans beyond the simple not going to work everyday idea; something that would require some advance preparation. So far, the only plans I have are to go out for breakfast one of those mornings off with a good book in hand. Not exactly an item that requires a to-do list to accomplish. Then again, the whole point of this vacation is to for me to do a whole lot of nothing and making plans to "do something" isn't exactly in line with that goal. Maybe with a little creative thinking I can come up with a pre-vacation "to do" list that will let me do even MORE of nothing on my week off.

In other news directed more to myself than any other, I had a dream last night where I went back to work at a place I worked before and for the first time ever in a dream of this kind, the folks I left behind were glad to have me back. In twenty plus years of revisiting old employers in my dreams, that has never happened. Something in my brain has changed and I'm pretty sure it's a change for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment