Saturday, November 12, 2005

A LITTLE BIT OF CULTURE

I was gonna say "Please tell me you didn't name your dog after Godsmack."

"Hajimart" No shit. Every little convenience store and gas station. We don't need explosive growth due entirely to foreigners; legal and illegal, dammit.

How 'bout some good pics and stories about your ink?
Anonymous | 11.11.05 - 12:23 am | #


Thanks for the inspiration...here we go.

I bought the first Godsmack CD and then promptly forgot about it. I wouldn't name a bowel movement after them...well...I might, but it would have to be a really unfufilling bowel movement...kind of like Godsmack. Sullivan came to us with his name. he was a dump job puppy at my vet with parvo, dumped by the original owners and saved by my vet and then palmed off on me and Ann,because we liked black dogs. If the piece of shit human that ditched him named him after a godsmack song, that's on him. What godsmack song are you referring to anyway? Like I said...I didn't give them much time in the player.He's just Sully...

Hajimarts...There's this one at Cumberland and congress where I buy smokes and scratch tickets on a semi regular basis, and the guy there reminds me of the guy that tortures Marky Mark's character in Three kings...he doesn't look like that guy, but he sounds like him ..."my friend" and "my main man"...it's creepy.
But, in the long run, anybody that can cash wetback paychecks for exhorbitant fees and then take some more money for beer and lottery has got a line on what could possibly be the commerce industry (for the south anyway) of the 21st century. By and large, I don't have a problem with the Hajimarts...these guys are just taking advantage of the promise of america...remember that? You know, that place where you could bring your sorry huddled masses ass and make something of yourself?
Somewhere along the line, americans forgot that they were a part of that too, and regulated themselves to the other side of the american dream that's populated by ssi claims and food stamps and workers comp claims and lawsuits. At some point, hard work and results left the consciousness of a large portion of the public and opened the door for a full scale fucking of the system.
Leaving it wide open for these ragheads to move in and steal our thunder. And we deserve it.
Narrow minded bastards we are.

There are precious few good pics of my ink, and even fewer stories. I am colored by choice. To my peril, apparently. Why am I tattooed? Because my dad was...that's the easy answer...But I lived in Austin and was of the age to partake in the punk scene that exploded here in the early 80's...it was an accepted practice and besides, some of the best artists going were here. I was picky...and lucky. I'm not ashamed of any ink I got, and any I had covered up was driven more by bad art than anything else...in 25 years I've covered up 2.
There was this kid I had in treatment that showed up years later...covered in Tats...I wasn't into it that much then and asked him why. He was trying to cover himself up, like he could recreate himself in tattoos...you know, get away and deny his past, become someone else. It didn't work...he drove his motorcycle head on into a truck to solve his problem...he couldn't cover himself up, no matter how hard he tried.
I don't try to cover myself up...never have. I know who I am and If you don't like me...you can go fuck yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment