Monday, November 28, 2005

REVIEWING MY "STYLE"

Not my style here at depthmarker...I just spew the shit out as it comes...and you either relate or not. It's hit or miss, but it's a blog...I'm allowed to spew. It's more about my interpersonal "style" in real time, day to day interaction with people close to me. In regard to regard and proximity. I like most of the people I work with...everyone on my crew for sure, and there is no one in the periphery I don't like flat out...
But when it comes to personal things I have always been anecdotal, even when I was in the psych wars. Someone presents an issue and I search the data base to see if there is some similar experience on my internal hard drive that I can relate to offer support and understanding, and the important thing...insight into the terrain they are currently deployed on.
I'm only trying to help. And as much as I try to distance myself from my former profession, the one part I can't shake is the desire to counsel. And I do that with anecdotal blathering.I try to relate common experiences and offer kernals of enlightenment based on my own experiences that could help the recipient deal with thier current issue(s).
The advantage of experience is what I'm trying to pass on.
When I tell a story, there's always a reason. Always. But I fear sometimes they get lost in the story and miss the point.
And those stories with a reason worked so well for me in my former life...but I've got to wonder these days, as the people hearing these stories today don't always respond like the ones hearing them years ago used to.
Maybe they have to think about them a bit longer since they're not in the circle.
And then there's always the distance I have from that circle. Fallen away save a precious few.
But understand that when I tell a story, there's always a reason.
Man! That's some convoluted shit.
But I've got to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment