Monday, November 21, 2005

THE LURE OF CHICKEN

Way,way back in the day, I was a fool for marijuana...you know...pot,grass,weed,maryjane,dope,and apparently the new slang...airplane and, oddly enough, brocolli.Here's a picture of me under the influence...



Way back in the day, I was a fool for speed...crank,meth,go...none of that pill shit for me, no sir...I was all about the snort. There are no pictures I'm aware of showing me under the influence of speed, but if there are any, they would be blurry because,whatever I was doing, I was doing it really really fast.
Fortunately for me, I learned the error of my ways before my teeth rotted out and my mind leaked out of my ears ( that actually, could be up for debate).
Which brings me to the chicken in a round about way. And our dogs.
As far as our dogs are concerned, chicken = crack.
I made king ranch chicken for dinner tonight, and, as is my practice, I saved back some crack I mean chicken to give to the dogs. I gave some to Theo and Irene, and while Irene was satisfied, Theo was restlessly wandering around the front of the house looking for something . Something to trade for more chicken! He finally settled on an empty pill bottle, which he rolled around in his mouth while standing squarely between me and Ann looking back and forth between us expectantly,wagging his tail like a three card monte dealer in times square.
I got my pill bottle back, and Theo got some more chicken.
He played me...again.
And I let him...any dog smart enough to find something to barter for more chicken deserves it.
Which has nothing to do with my former bad habits, except the time I traded an air wrench to a tool head friend of mine for a quarter ounce of hash.:)
Plus, it was an excuse to run that picture...again...which is a really long way of saying "I got nuthin'".

No comments:

Post a Comment