Monday, November 28, 2005

The party's over in more ways than one
This is the last day of my vacation and I wish I could tell you that I had a spectacular week off, but it was far from spectacular. I did get quite a bit of physical and mental rest and while that makes for a boring vacation, it was exactly what I needed. Tomorrow I go back to work and there's been a few changes to my job during the week I was off, none of them good, especially the requirement of L2s to work additional weekend shifts. Some L2s don't work any weekends at all, despite a policy that they work at least two shifts a month. And rather than enforce the policy and get those slackers to work on a Saturday or Sunday once in a while, they decided to change it so that those of us who do follow policy will now have to work even more weekend shifts. After all the policy changes over the last few months which have made the job become more and more unpleasant, I think this one might be the worst. There's nothing in life that I value more than spending time with Rob. This is going to cut into that time even more and I'm not at all happy about it. When some person or some event fucks with the things that are most important to me, I always react and I know myself well enough to anticipate that I'm going to do some act of defiance over this in the very near future. Unfortunately I don't know myself well enough to predict just what I might do. I could blow up one day at work and get fired or quit, but I'm just as likely to dye the ends of my hair lime green to take advantage of a job that allows such things. It's anyone's guess at this point. That said, I've decided to make a start on the whole defiance episode by showing up to work tomorrow sleepy and hung over instead of my usual "ready to go to work" self. Maybe I can nip this in the bud without doing something drastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment