Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Timeless
I should be in bed right now, but I'm not. Yeah, I made an earlier comment about showing up for work sleepy and hungover, but there's not near enough beer here to induce a hangover and I'm a bit too fond of sleep to sacrifice it just to make a point. Rather I'm up late doing laundry because I checked the closet to see what I might wear to work tomorrow and discovered I had no clean shirts. I also have nothing for breakfast or lunch tomorrow which just shows how quickly I can abandon my normal practice of planning ahead for such things. Schedules, routines, planning - yeech. Although I might be a master at it (ask anyone who's ever worked with me) that doesn't mean I enjoy it. And I've often wondered if there's a correlation between my dislike of schedules and the fact that I can't wear a watch. Most analog watches just stop, but a few have actually run backwards. I thought when the LED watches came out that might be the answer for me, but they die as well or the LEDs go out after a few days making it impossible to tell what time it is. I also whack out alarm clocks, though much more slowly than watches. I've discovered recently that moving them to Rob's side of the bed usually results in a complete recovery after a period of time. Weird stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment