Thursday, January 13, 2005

WOW...TALK ABOUT YOUR KARMA

Moments...no, seconds after publishing the last post, my son calls me, asking for advice on how to deal with a problem with a longtime friend and ex room mate involving money and deception. I'll spare you the details out of respect for my son and his friend, but I will tell you that it was a boost to my heart to have my son call me and ask me for advice. In essence, I told him to be honest about his feelings on the situation, to put his cards on the table and put the onus on his friend gone astray, to which he replied "that's what I was thinking, too". Which says: He has listened to me along the way when it comes to friendship and values; And he values my opinion enough to seek reassurance of what he already knows.
That's so 20...and I'm not so old that I don't remember similar conversations with my dad when I was 20.
My kid rocks...he has a 70's soul, and that would take way too long to explain tonight. But I'm proud of him, all over again.
That's my boy. He's gonna do the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment