Saturday, January 01, 2005

WHAT IS IT ABOUT EARLY 90'S NISSAN TRUCKS?

I bought this truck brand new in 1992, when I had a company vehicle it sat under our our carport, undriven for months. And at least 3 times a week someone would knock on the door and offer to buy it.
We always said no. Sure enough, there came a time when I needed it again. But it had sat for so long the tires had gone out of round so the ride was not so smooth. I spent my overtime pay on custom rims and low profile fat tires...kumhos (the official tire of Dr.Laura). I spent some more overtime on a cd player and polk audio speakers, I already had the power amp. I had the windows tinted, I applied satanic stickers, I hung a chicken foot from the rear view mirror...I replaced the door locks and gear shift with matching chrome skulls. It was a truly bitching ride.
And then I wrecked it, a low speed crunch that knocked the allignment and crushed a fender. I replaced the fender myself, but we couldn't afford the front end repair at the time, so, it sat in the driveway.
And the knocks at the door resumed.
I should also mention that it has a new timing chain,cover and water pump. This truck was babied and loved. It has made a memorable trip to colorado twice, once with my son for three glorious weeks and our honeymoon. It has never broken down...the timing chain was inevitable (and almost 15000 miles past it's expiration date).
Someone left a note on my truck just before christmas asking me if I wanted to sell it, I called them today...they should be here soon.
I should'nt be sad about this...but for some reason I am.
Go figure.

(UPDATE) THEY CAME, THEY SAW, THEY WENT

Away with my nissan, my asking price got me what I wanted bottom line...I look forward to seeing it on the road somewhere down the line, as I will undoubtedly will. Austin's funny like that...I see my old Audi 4000s sometimes, still sporting the grateful dead stickers.
It still pains me though...I loved that truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment