Saturday, January 29, 2005

THE NIGHT THEY DROVE OLD DIXIE DOWN

I remember playing this song on the unfinished mantle of a fireplace of Monte Doves house that I helped him build. The chords were wrong, but the key was right. I was 12 years old. And I'm listening to that song now. A song that has followed me through my life...33 years I've carried that song in reverence.33 years...that's a long fucking time to carry anything.But you carry things with you on your journey through life, they trigger memories that may sooth you or make you ashamed of things you might have done...try to explain the meaning of a song...go ahead, I dare you. Try to explain it to your kids. Try to explain your life in a way that makes sense with the soundtrack of your life as a roadmap...go ahead, try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment