Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Ah, a day off work
I suppose it's not really a day off work since I have a long list of household chores to attend to, but at least I'm away from the workplace for a day. It tends to be rainy on my days off and today is no exception, but it's warm outside and much to my surprise, the clothes on the line were dry this morning (after being rained on for two days.) I've already started hanging the new round of laundry which will probably also be rained on for two days, but hey, it does dry eventually. And eventually we will get the dryer half of the washer/dryer set my parents bought us for Christmas. It was ordered two weeks before Christmas, but my parents ordered a gas dryer for us and that had to be shipped from Houston. Mind you, Houston is only a couple of hours drive away, but they are apparently shipping this dryer by having a person walk it up here on a handtruck. If it doesn't arrive by Wednesday, then we will get an electric one instead, though it would still be a week or so for delivery on that because it takes a couple of days to attach the appropriate electrical cord and then it has to spend a few days waiting to get on a delivery truck. Whatever. For now, I'm just enjoying having a washing machine at the house again. I'd much rather hang clothes on the line, even in the rain, than go to the laundromat. Unlike my neighbor, who actually prefers the laundromat over using her home washer and dryer, I would just as soon never set foot in the laundromat again.

No comments:

Post a Comment