Friday, December 31, 2004

THE YEAR IN REVIEW

2004 has been a challenge on many levels. I could be a "Mr. Poopypants" and cry and moan about the injustices thrust upon us, but, that would be redundant and at this point, counterproductive. To be honest, most of 2004 from may on has not been a banner year. But, as my dear old mom used to say in various forms, difficult times are a character builder. And, if she was right, my character should occupy a fucking city block by now.
But we made it to the end of another year in one piece, still together and unwavering. And some good stuff happened along the way.
I got fired from a well paying job, but in the aftermath of that I found myself learning something new and challenging and discovered that I can still rise to a challenge. And I can thank a couple of my friends for making this happen, for giving me an opportunity.
I learned an important lesson about thinking you know someone and finding out you don't, a couple of times actually. I am rid of those people, and while I traded a measure of financial security as a result, I got an equal measure of peace of mind. I'm not dealing with a crazy person anymore, and that feels pretty good. No more manufactured drama.
I got some reminders about the importance of family, tangible and intangible.
I figured out that being humbled is not always fatal.
And there's more, but I'll spare you...I've got some blog comments to visit with new year wishes.
Happy new year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment