Wednesday, December 22, 2004

WELL, IT MIGHT NOT BE THAT AMAZING, BUT IT MADE US LAUGH. AND BLOGGING IS CRACKLIKE IN IT'S DEMONIC HOLD ON ME DAMMIT

I was finally able to meet up with that friend of mine yesterday after work, and since Ann was off, I could meet him somewhere in between. He lives north, I live south. The sides of town are seperated by the mighty colorado river ( there's a reason for that, but another time, ok?). We opted to meet at the chili parlor. A midtown institution that me and my coworkers from the psychic wars used to close down regularly back in the 80's.
Now, this friend I met is the general manager at that festering den of dysfunction I used to work at. But I have known him since he was a hippy looking bartender at a mexican food place Ann and I used to frequent and we became friends there about 12 or 13 years ago because I was rambling on about the Ramones with Ann and he walked by our booth (#32 in case you were curious) and overheard, sat down and as a result I have known this guy all these years ( he also got me a job at the festering den of dysfunction after I had "recovered" from 20 years in the psychic wars game).
Anyhoo...over the course of our visit I realized that out waitress was the same waitress that I had the last time I was at the chili parlor. That time being ( I thought anyway) meeting my warehouse counterpart from the festering den of dysfunction about a week after I had been fired for beers and rumination.
Boy, was I wrong.
First, some background on my warehouse counterpart...he is old school Austin, late 50's and true to the old school ways. He still likes to party, in other words. He is also a veritable databank of music and old TV trivia, among other things. A really great guy in that old austin stoner tradition.
When he finally showed up, he had an entourage with him...his "girlfriend" ( I not sure how serious, if at all, but she's been around for awhile) who is my age and has that old school vibe, and this other couple...closer to the 50's range, and I'm sorry...white trashy as all get out.The guy looked vaugely like otis o'toole (the serial killer) and the woman looked like 40...no 80...fuck it...120 miles of bad road, seriously, she was rough,VERY rough. And they were all drunker than shit. The "girlfriend" was loquacious drunk and happy, my buddy was noddy drunk with a grin and a hand on the chin and the couple were hostile drunk and fighting in that not quite under the breath way that nasty white trash hostile drunk couples get (I guess, after all, I'm only 47% white trash).
Our waitress was surveying this diverse group warily...The "girlfriend" and I were talking about that show on HBO, Deadwood, I commented that they used the word cocksucker so much that the word should be listed in the credits as a character...suddenly 120 miles of bad road stops fighting (quietly) with her serial killer and blurts out for everyone in our section to hear, "COCKSUCKER"?!?!"I LIKE SUCKING COCK"!!! "That's right god dammit, I like sucking COCK"! This announcement was made just as our waitress was approaching with another, now clearly to her, unneeded round of drinks. The waitress and I made eye contact just as 120 miles of bad road was yelling her joy of blow jobbing, she almost dropped her tray and I wanted to crawl under the table. Just when I thought it couldn't get worse, 120 miles of bad road burst into tears and started rambling on about what a shitheel the serial killer is, apparently not worthy of a blowjob. At this point he went outside, and the "girlfriend" (who was the designated conscious of the group) summoned the tab. As we finished our drinks, the serial killer tapped on the window from outside and shot the finger at 120 miles of bad road, grinning at her like, well, like a serial killer. The tab was paid, and everyone left. But me. I stuck around for another round and apologised to the waitress, explaining that I had no idea this group was coming, that i was expecting just my friend. I left her a big tip.
That was almost 8 months ago, and yesterday, as I related the story to my friend and we were laughing about it, I wondered if our waitress remembered. If she did, she was was discreet...she didn't say "Hey ! I remember you...you were in here with that scary looking old lady that likes to suck cock about 8 months ago". Either way, thank god.
It was nice to hang out with my friend and catch up, it cheered me up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment