Sunday, December 05, 2004

HEB PARKING LOT FREAK OUT

I went shopping at the local third world grocery...just got back in fact. There was this obviously pentecost like woman with her son (about 11 or 12) in line next to me, looking all disapprovingly at me while her son was staring at my tats in that under the brow way, like he was committing a sin. It was hilarious, especially considering that i am not the exception in this particular grocery. Lot's of people wandering the isles with as many or more tats than mine, crazy dread hair flowing and reeking of patchouli. The last fucking place a stand up no make up wearing god fearing , better not wear pants or you will be cursed to hell evangelical woman would want to shop, much less with her son to witness all that is unholy.
Turns out they were parked right next to me...and I had the Nailbomb CD in the player...being that I am the instigater I am, I treated them to "world of shit". The lyrics go something like this: "Hate is reality (repeat several times) Don't you know god hates"? She was slinging grocery bags into the back seat as fast as she could! It was a choice moment.
So I pull out of my spot and start to leave, and who appears in front of me but the Hez...the guy that tatooed my legs! I jump out of the truck, Nailbomb still railing away about how god hates and a world of shit, and Hez and I embrace and do the usual "god damn! how the hell are you"!? Small talk ensues as the world of shit soundtrack entertains the parking lot...pentecost woman finally goes around me and gives us that look...you know the look.
I fucking love it.
I was glad to see Hez...I had been told he moved to Florida, never to return...so much shit from his former employers it turns out. I got his card and we made plans to catch up...his shop is just down the street from our house...cool sunday surprise, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment