Thursday, December 30, 2004

I HATE GETTING CRYPTIC SHIT IN THE MAIL

I got this letter today, I recognized the quasi-calligraphy. It was from my dear friend Dirk. It came a little later than the usual christmas photo card we have gotten for the last 10 years. There was no letter documenting the happenings of the hosie's over the past year. It was just a picture of Dirk...in a kilt (?) and no stupid letter. And no wife, and no step daughters in the picture...and it was from Washington state, Not from that small texas town they moved to (from Washington) after his wifes father died so the wife could be near the mother.
Dirk showed up at my door a year or so ago, when the dad passed, to let me know that he was back in Texas. Then here he is, posing in a kilt in front of a festive fireplace, by himself...back in Washington.
I am guessing he's single and back in washington...but I don't know for sure...well, I do know for sure, but some documentation confirming my gut would be nice. I tried to get current info online to no avail.
WTF Dirk? Suddenly I miss those annual letters.....

No comments:

Post a Comment