Tuesday, December 14, 2004

AND I'M HAVING A 40 CENT BEEF POT PIE TO PROVE IT...WITH EXTRA GRAVY

Nicked from Billy

I AM 47% WHITE TRASH!
47% WHITE TRASH
The white trash in my blood will not keep me from becoming a doctor or a lawyer, but it will keep me from a good haircut and any sort of fashion sense.


Ha!

Now, about that pot pie. Ann and I did laundry at the wetback depot I mean "Spin Cycle" laundromat this evening, which is conviently located right behind the 3rd world grocery I mean HEB, so after we loaded the washers, we walked to the store to get some dinner and other essential items. The cedar count is very high, and it is kicking Ann's ass allergy wise and she is feeling quite sicky, so it's double noodle soup and crackers for her. Oddly enough, I am not in a soup mood...I'm not sure what I want, but it needs to be easy, just not soup easy. I peruse the frozen shit ailse and nothing catches my eye. And then it hits me...Piccadillo! Yes! HEB's very own microwaveable Piccadillo. We cruise over to that section and they have everything but Piccadillo. Moving on to the tubs o' salady stuff, I spy the rotissere chicken salad...it rocks! But not at 6.00 a fucking pound. At this point I am getting annoyed, I mutter about how 6.00 a pound for fucking chicken salad is a crime and we move on. At this point Ann is just following me from section to section in a tavist induced haze. We end up back on the frozen ailse, where I see generic...excuse me..."Hill Country Fare" pot pies for 40 cents. I bought 2, just in case. And on the way to check out I remembered a package of pioneer brown gravy left over from thanksgiving.
And really, what could be more WT than that...generic pot pie with instant gravy?

No comments:

Post a Comment