Saturday, December 11, 2004

COME ON SWEET VIRGINIA

Come on sweet child, yeah you. I want you to come on sweet virginia, I know you got it in you...got to scrape that shit right off your shoes. Ahh, saturdays these days. At the end of another work week I look forward to saturday. I can sleep late if I want to, Ann's at work so I got the house to myself if you don't count the doggies. I got the half gallon of vodka I bought the night before for entertainment and a CD player that's at my mercy. Heaven in my estimation.
Currently Exile on main street is playing...loudly playing the trio of songs I love to hear...sweet virginia, loving cup and sweet black angel...but now happy is annoying me...time for that Therapy CD. Hey satan, you rock. We saw these guys at Liberty Lunch and they were amazing...the CD is called High Anxiety and I would say buy it...it rocks.

Right around this time, say 1:45...El Robbo took a nap. He shut this w.blogger down and went and laid down with the dogs. Why? Well it all started when Ann came and told me she took the cash out of my pocket for lunch...after she said bye for the day. This was at 6:15am- ish, now, good-bye I can understand, but I took the cash out of your pocket for lunch? We have one vehicle currently, I had enough cigarettes and, if I wanted...booze to last the day. There was food here...what the fuck did I need money for? And why did Ann feel the need to tell me she had taken it? Rolling this information around in my head was enough to drive me out of bed...it was 6:35am-ish, I was up and annoyed.
I went into the kitchen and got a cup of coffee, it was then I noticed the bottle of vodka had cheese in it, let me say that again...the bottle of vodka had cheese in it. Shredded monterey jack cheese to be specific. Now...did this cheese just decide to take a swim in my vodka, jump out of the bag and into the bottle? No...someone had to put it there. Who did this???
When I am stressed (and drinking vodka) I tend to wander at night, usually 2 or 3 hours after going to bed I wake up ( read:sleep walk) and end up in the kitchen, where I eat weird combinations of things or make spoon sculptures on the counter...and apparently, now spice my vodka with shredded monterey jack cheese.
I was up before 7am on my day off...I was annoyed and I had a challenge laughing at me from the counter...cheese in the vodka. I got online, drank my coffee and smoked cigs for about an hour.And then I tackled the cheese/vodka dilemma. I had an empty, smaller bottle, some coffee filters and a pitcher. When it was over with, I had several shots of vodka left in the pitcher with nowhere to put it, except in a glass with ice and orange juice. It was a logical choice, and needless to say, by the time I started playing CD's (see above) I was half tanked.
Ann was due home in a couple of hours and I had to make a decision...continue drinking or go to cuddletown. I opted for cuddletown.
It was the right choice.I woke up at 3:45pm-ish renewed...
I went to the grocery after Ann got home and neither of us could decide on dinner, so I punted. I made an experimental dinner involving an onion,rigatoni, some small cubed beef, a can of cream of celery soup, a can of beef stock, salt pepper and carribean jerk seasoning.
Before I knew it I had made a "hotdish".
But that's a story for a sunday post.
"Hotdish"...god damn.:)
I would still recommend the therapy CD, cheese enhanced vodka notwithstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment