Monday, August 09, 2004

OK...I ADMIT IT, I'M OLD

Sure, it was a rough week. More booze hounding than usual, not a lot of sleep, mosh pit action and a stroll down memory lane (more about that later).
I thought I was ok this morning, until I got to work. I had the morning from hell, granted, the wall composition in the building were currently working in makes it a challenge to mount and or attach anything so that was out of my control.
But I was unable to work the pipe bender, and the hack saw (or my arm) was possessed by none other than satan his-own-self.
I was finally able to display adequate motor skills sometime after lunch.
The journeyman I'm working with kept looking at me like I was retarded...or crazy...or both.
It was embarrassing. I made a passing comment about the weekend taking a toll on me and his response was "Well, what do you expect...you're an old man".
OK...uncle already.
I have achieved dust with boots on status when it comes to burning the candle at both ends.
Now...about that stroll I mentioned earlier.
There was an art show at the South Austin Museum of Popular Culture saturday evening...a one man show.
And that man is Jim Franklin. Chief artist of the Armadillo World Headquarters.
I spent my youth at the Armadillo.
I got to see walls full of amazing art, a lot of it posters from shows I was at, back in the day. You have to understand Armadillo posters...they are truly works of fine art.
I got to see old friends, some I haven't seen since I was a wee lad.
And Shivas Head Band had to borrow my PA speakers and stands...I never got to play the Dillo, but the old defacto house band played through my speakers, hopefully giving them some of the magic of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment