Wednesday, August 11, 2004

IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN

You ever notice how events in life regularly trigger this internal thing that tells your brain " I must re-evaluate my life because of "x" event".
Ann's recent post resonates with me...I too, was raised ( partially and half heartedly) catholic.Just enough to leave me with a nagging sense of guilt everytime I masturbate :).Just kidding...I never feel guilty unless I'm caught.
Seriously...I am reminded of a scene from "Hamburger Hill" where Doc is gut shot,full of morphine and in his dying words says to his buddy; " Who ARE we"?
Indeed...WHO are we?
To me, life is a never ending quest to define just exactly what the fuck I am.
Not what I'm expected to be, not what I want to be... not even what I aspire to be ( I aspire to be a mega millions lottery winner who has nothing better to do than play with turtles and guitars and get tattoos...but that's a definite reach, besides, I'm almost out of room ).
The ultimate question, for everyone, I believe, lies in the what makes us...well...us.
To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment