Sunday, August 29, 2004

My knight in shining armor
Yep, I've got one. Rob, who came rushing home when I called him during the dog fight. And Cris too, who came with him. They had been at Maudies when I called and while there wasn't much they could have done about the situation, they closed out their ticket anyway and came straight here to the house. The fight was over by the time they arrived, but the emotional support was very much appreciated. And later on tonight, my knight rode for me again - this time to go to the grocery store and get me some "Liquid Bandage" (the quasi-medical version of Super Glue) to stop up the leaky spot and more beer to help dull the pain. The wound is still seeping, but thanks to the extra beer I may sleep tonight. I do have, at my disposal, the left-over Hydrocodone from Rob's toothache, but I'd have to be in unbearable pain before I'd ever take it. Codeine, or any synthetic version of it, completely destroys my short-term memory. I would lose today, yesterday, tomorrow and the day after if I took one tonight. And quite frankly, I'd rather have the pain than a blank spot in my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment