Wednesday, August 18, 2004

GO AHEAD...I DARE YOU...

I sent Loris...the daytime DJ at the classic rock station a request for a 4 song blue plate special. They do these everyday at noon and each day has a theme.
Here's my request:
1.I've got the fire by Montrose
2.Stone cold fever (off rockin' the fillmore) by humble pie
3.Night man by Dirty Tricks
4.Silver paper by Mountain
Good luck Loris...
I probably won't hear from her, but it was fun to issue a challenge.
I'll send this one later, which will probably be ignored, but would fit nicely into the day themed to a thread.
1.Loser by Trapeze
2.Bad Reputation by Thin Lizzy
3.Flowers by the door by TSOL
4.Bad Luck by Social Distortion
Not only does it follow a thematic thread, it's in chronological order.
I have so much music stored in my head, its almost a curse. I see something going on and I immediately assign a song to it...like a soundtrack to my life. I'm sure a lot of other people do this too. All kinds of music...The retro punk on the drag = Ex teenage rebel by The Subhumans, Drag rats = Time of your life by Green day...doesn't matter, I can assign a song to it, and I do, maddeningly.
If you gave me 15 minutes to come up with my 5 favorite songs of all time I would burst into flames trying to decide...there's just too many, and 1 out of 5 is on the radio...classic rock radio...and it's by The Who...
I need to start writing songs again...the time is ripe.


No comments:

Post a Comment