Sunday, August 08, 2004

AN EVENING WITH CLUTCH

No opening act(s) to endure, three sets of amazing music. A few beers, a couple of jaegers and I am shirtless in the mosh pit. I've lost so much weight that the word shirtless no longer makes me self conscious...in fact, I enjoyed showing off my back piece.
With this event, Ann Kyle and I have seen these guys 4 times. He bought the tickets and wouldn't let us pay him back...to his estimation, we have bought his tickets to almost every show he's been to:
Clutch x 3, The Melvins, Fu Manchu, Smashing Pumpkins, Cracker ( a free show and he was still small enough to ride on my shoulders to see over the crowd) Tool.
He has been at almost all the clubspit gigs here in town and out in country clubspit.He was at some of our open mics around town. He is a child of rock and roll.
He has performed his own songs with our band backing him up at one halloween event where we were all in drag.
So, here we are, bouncing around a sweaty fucking hot mosh pit together...father and son.
Maybe we should be fishing or playing golf...nah-fuck that. This is where we belong.
Besides...Soulfly is coming to town later this month...:P

No comments:

Post a Comment