Tuesday, August 03, 2004

IS IT HOT OR WHAT?

We had to work outside today...at the tennis courts at the intramural fields (no shade). With the heat index it felt like it was 110f. Fuck the heat index, it was 110f. as far as I was concerned. You could see the heat waves coming off the courts.
I used to work in this shit daily when I was cleaning pools and breaking shit for asshole, uh, I mean Hines, I was once acclimated, I am not acclimated anymore.
I got dizzy, I got nauseous, I almost fell off a ladder...I drank more water in one afternoon than I have in a week.
Wahwahwah...give me a week and I'll be good again at this devil dog shit...or dead from heat stroke.
Speaking of asshole...
I went to Marks viewing this evening. There were lots of people there to "view" Mark. I didn't want to so I hung out in the foyer saying hello and condolences to all the people coming in. In the hug and handshaking orgy that transpired a hand was thrust my way. I instinctively grabbed it and looked up and the person attached to that hand was none other than the person at the top of my shit list (which numbers a stellar three these days) Andy Hines.
He asked me how I was doing as I quickly aborted the greeting and turned my back on him with a non word guttural response.
When I realized it was him, my initial response was to hit him in the face as hard as I could.
But then I remembered, he knew Mark as well and was only trying to pay his respects, or at least appear to do so...so I shined him on.
Had he brought his feral inbred looking bitch of a wife with him I might have lost control, but I was well behaved and left the viewing shortly thereafter.
As much as I know Mark would of loved a public beat down at his viewing, I didn't...I couldn't.
Another opportunity will present itself down the line I'm sure.
Speaking of the viewing...
Everyone who looked at Mark commented on how good he looked.
Since when is dead good? He's dead. It doesn't matter how fucking good he looks.
His Mom didn't even look at his corpse, saying "Hell no I didn't look at him, I saw him last friday sitting on the couch with a shit eating grin on his face, laughing at Homer simpson".
Way to go Mom.
I remember when my ex girlfriends Dad died and at the funeral everyone shuffled by the open casket and looked at him...and everyone commented about how good he looked...bullshit, I thought, he looks DEAD.
I just don't get this morbid vouyerism...it's just wrong.
If they look good then they must still be alive, I'm thinking.
When you're dead that's it...you don't look good anymore, unless a necrophiliac is looking at you.
But that's just me.
So we've had the weekend mourning, the tuesday viewing, next up is the birth/deathday party at the bar tomorrow night, the CLUTCH show on friday night and then we'll put him to rest on saturday.
marks gotten as much attention as fucking Reagan...the main difference being is that he deserves it.
I'm still looking at the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment