Monday, October 13, 2003

WHO SAY'S AN OLD DOG CAN'T LEARN NEW...UH...LESSONS-YEAH THAT'S IT
I learned an important lesson about myself this weekend...don't gamble with expectations.
The first time I played cards I had no expectations and 25 bucks...I walked away a winner and had a great time. This time however,was different. The company was the same...that good old feeling of good old friends.The food was the same...great as usual.
What was different? Me.My attitude...I came into this game thinking...no...believing I was gonna turn my 25 into finishing my tattoo or maybe a trip to the next gun show without impinging on the monthly budget...to quote Dennis Hopper in apocalypse now, "WRONG".
So when my 25 was gone,did I push away from the table, having had my fun?No,I dug deeper,by god...I could recoup my losses and pull ahead...Trains in the station baby!look out!Papa needs a new layer of ink!
What an idiot.
Was I angry I lost? No...this was an IMMEDIATE epiphany...I had set myself up for this and applied a strategy approaching greed and it bit me on the ass.
This was not vegas....
Thank god.
Next time, I'll leave my game face at home and play like the novice I am,for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment