Sunday, October 26, 2003

THE HOOK UP
I learned a lesson this weekend...Since I've been on this diet I'm under 200 ponds for the first time in a while. I don't drink as much,I don't eat as much...now on to the story.
I got up saturday early...I had a choice after the usual morning of reading news and coffee:go for a walk or watch 28 days later before I went to meet a friend at our local hang out.
I decided to watch the movie since I have been waiting for it to come out on DVD...during the course of the movie I had some margaritas...3 or 4 i think...after the movie it was time to go meet my friend.I saddled up to the bar and ordered a marg to drink while I waited for him...one turned to three and the next thing I know the manager is taking my drink away from me and telling me I've had too much and was cutting me off.
This has only happened to me once before,several years ago, a bartender friend served me the equivilent of 8 screwdrivers in 4...the barback gave me a ride home.
Anyway...it was kind of in and out for me after the manager took my drink away...I remember them saying I needed to eat something and I did...I left with my friend and we took care of our business in the parking lot... then...flash!... I was home.
Frustrated with being locked in at 198 lbs. I had stepped up my exercise and cut down on my food, I had not eaten in over 24 hours and had consumed at least 8 margaritas in a short period of time...WHAM!Instant stupid.
I just hope I did'nt "show my ass"...I don't think I did judging from the moments I was present for...but I'm not sure.
I still had all my clothes on when I got home and my truck wasn't damaged (it was parked rather askew though)...
But the point is this:
I'm 43 not 23...all those years I spent honing my ability to party have been undermined by a long overdue change in lifestyle...I forgot about those changes yesterday...and it bit me on the ass.
A bite I won't soon forget.
My life is different now,whether I like it or not.
With the exception of yesterday, I think I like it

No comments:

Post a Comment