Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Spirals that won't spiral and a charley horse to boot
I have some shirts that I want to dye in a spiral pattern. For some reason the shirts are being resistant. They don't want to fold that way, uh-uh, no how. As I'm wondering if I should allow the shirts to have their way or force them into compliance, Rob beeps me that he's leaving work early so he can feed the turtles and also walk tonight. Normally it's a choice between the two because by the time the turtles are fed, it's dark and there's no lighting on the Hike and Bike trail. I'm thinking at this point that a walk always does me a bit of good when I'm feeling frustrated, but wondering if it's a good idea to do so with a major charley horse in my left calf muscle. I might "walk it out" or I might end up curled into a ball of pain in the middle of the Hike and Bike trail with no easy means to get back to the car. And what's up with the term "charley horse" anyway? Fortunately these days I have the internet so instead of laying awake until my next trip to the library I can just look this sort of stuff up in minutes. IdiomSite

No comments:

Post a Comment