Tuesday, October 28, 2003

DOG UPDATE...SOMEBODY WANTS THIS DOG.
A few posts back I talked about Shadow,the stray we befriended/adopted at work.
Well,she's doing great...it's the other employees that are the problem.
The warehouse manager and myself are on the same page page when it comes to dogs,as is the office manager.Lots of love and evenhanded CONSISTANT interaction.Being mindful she was obviously abused none of us are threatening in any way.
However, the rest of the folks around the shop have different ideas about how to treat a dog. They are as follows:
1.Plays too rough. This guy obviously loves dogs,but she's a puppy, a puppy learning some bad behaviors from this kind of play. Harmless enough,but troublesome for the future.
2.Doesn't have a fucking clue and shouldn't be allowed to have a dog. Menaces the dog with a rubber mallet,when she cows and runs away says "oh...she wasn't scared". No,of course not...she ran to me for protection just for the hell of it...please.
3.For whatever reason,she's wary of me no matter what I do,so I'll menace her every morning when I come in to...oh I don't know...pay her back for not liking me???
4.Apparently resents the dogs presence,blaming her for "giving me poison ivy" and peeing in his office was a personal affront causing this 6ft plus guy to chase her out of the building and banning her from the upstairs area. For christs sake...she's a puppy from the street no less...running around and playing and then...uhoh! Gotta pee. House breaking is going to be an issue for a stray...not a personal vendetta.For the record,if she was transferring poison ivy,I would be covered in it.
It's becoming a dilemma.
On a more positive note,she's great with kids, great with the walk in customers and she's smart...learning more every day.But the most amazing thing about this dog is her agility...she can fly almost,limber,light on her feet,highly coordinated...a wonder to see.
I wish I could bring her home...I can't.
Somebody wants this dog...I'll be posting pics of her here tomorrow...somebody wants this dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment