Monday, October 06, 2003

Better Days
Well, I had a nice pity party that lasted about three days. Family and friends were supportive and came up with a few ideas to improve things. I've been too housebound without my car ((public transportation in Austin sucks) so that was step one. I've got legal wheels again and strict orders to get my ass out of the house at least three times a week. I peeled myself away from the computer for a few days and reread some of my favorite books. I had a long talk with my mom about what she will do if/when dad dies and discovered that she has a really good plan. Rob had the idea that if I looked better I might feel better and he was right so I'm no longer sporting the aging gray-haired hippy look and I'm back to being a redhead. I've been prodded into actually socializing IN PERSON with some friends instead of just chatting by email or phone. I've been reminded that there are nine million other people out of work in this country and my jobless state is not because I'm just a fuckup and a loser. I also gathered up enough guts to ask my parents for a $1400 loan so we could pay off the house and they said "of course". I mailed that check off today. I don't feel great yet, but I do feel much, much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment