Saturday, October 18, 2003

New Shoes
Prior to Wednesday, I had a choice of three pairs of shoes to wear during my walks with Rob. I have one pair of not-so-sensible pumps (they make my feet hurt), a two year old pair of Birkenstock sandals and a pair of five year old Doc Martin boots that have the heels worn down so much that they make my back hurt. Not the best choices for a three to four mile walk, but money is tight and I figured I would have to wait until next payday to spring for a pair of tennis shoes. All the same, I decided to practice the "ask and ye shall receive" routine and request some new shoes from the universe hoping this would ensure that there really would be enough money left over after next payday to buy some shoes. Well, the universe provided sooner than expected when I opened and phone bill and discovered I didn't have to pay because I had a credit. Woo-hoo! I headed out to Kohl's since I've never been in Kohl's when they didn't have at least some shoes on sale. While I was there I discovered that Kohl's categorizes their shoes with labels like "Walking", "Cross-Training" and "Running". This was very helpful because I wanted a "Walking" shoe, but I really got a good laugh over the category of "Fashion Athletic". "Casual Athletic" I can almost understand since it brings to mind games of croquet, but "Fashion Athletic"? What, do we have a bevy of fashion models in town needing tennis shoes for the runway?

No comments:

Post a Comment