Thursday, October 09, 2003

Weight loss
I've lost 44 pounds over the last year or so, but ask anyone that knows me, including Rob, and they'll tell you I don't look any different. I look the same and wear the same jeans at 196 pounds as I did at 240 pounds (and no, they do not have an elastic waist.) This is rather frustrating. It doesn't help when I see those infomercials where the women claim they lost 10 pounds and one dress size. What, are they a size four and have bones the size of matchsticks? My jeans do fit a bit looser now, but there's no hope of getting into the next size down. Last night Rob and I started our walking program where we plan to walk an hour every night, but I did the math on the calories burned and that's at best only an extra pound a week in weight loss. However, since I'm only losing one pound a week now, it will, at least, double the speed of things. And who knows, maybe I'm only 10 more pounds away from getting into those size 16 jeans. I hope so, because I'm about ready to give up if I don't see some visible results beyond the dial on the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment