Friday, March 27, 2009

Work and Gum
I haven't posted about my job in a while (ignore the fact that I haven't posted much of anything in a while) and that's in part because it hasn't been horrible. I asked for a change in job duties back when I was having all that trouble with memory and multi-tasking and while it hasn't been the ideal job, it's been tolerable. Oh, and I suppose I should mention that memory/multi-tasking issue turned out to apparently not be caused by hormones at all, but by chewing gum that contained Aspartame. I discovered it when I started getting migraines again all the time instead of just a couple of times a month and I decided I better examine the ingredients of everything I was eating. I switched to a gum that has "less than 2%" of Aspartame and both the migraines and the memory issues stopped. Not surprised on the migraines since I already knew Aspartame was a migraine trigger for me (I just hadn't noticed before that the gum had it as an ingredient) and while I can't say it was definitely the gum on the memory issues, I suspect it was more than just a coincidence.

Anyway, I've had a job that was tolerable, but that's changing in a few weeks. It turns out that I was the only one doing the job like it should be done and the folks on the other shifts were not doing what they were supposed to do. Then when I was out sick for a week with pneumonia it didn't get done right on my shift either and the company decided to just give the duties to a different group of people because the half-ass job that WAS being done could obviously be done cheaper by a much less skilled group of people. Ah well, I can't really fault them for that. Seriously, if they can get by with a half-ass job done cheaper, that seems like a good business decision to me. So I'm not sure exactly what duties I'll have in a couple of weeks, but it will most likely be that stuff I didn't like doing before. This would be a good time for the Universe to send another job my way - hint, hint to you, Universe.

In the meantime, I'm having a really hard time doing the current job the old way I used to do it seeing how my coworkers got to sit around and do 1/10th of the work for the same amount of pay... it's a bit of a conflict. But at least it's not a conflict that will be around for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment