Monday, March 02, 2009

Hair coloring cures the blues
Not really, but I did color my hair last night (I'm back to being a redhead) and I did wake up this morning feeling well for the first time in at least three weeks. I also got a partial day off work today since we were overstaffed - probably the first time that's ever happened on a Monday - so I thought I'd come home and spend a little time with Rob before he heads out on his camping trip. Except he's still sleeping so right now I'm trying to be quiet and let him snooze a while longer.

These last couple of months have been pretty rough and while some of it was the flu, some of it was also a general dissatisfaction with life in general. My job is a real drag and I haven't had the energy left over after work to do anything interesting on my off hours. Well, I suppose watching all five seasons of the TV show House was somewhat interesting, but I'm not much of a TV show or movie watcher and that was more of a way to rest and gather up enough energy to drag myself to work the next day than it was interesting. I'm not the sort to be happy just dragging myself through life in survival mode each day and Saturday I realized that I had developed a serious case of the blues. So yesterday I dyed my hair and today I'm going to plant some flower seeds I found the other day. They may not sprout since they are several years old and I don't even know what they are, but if nothing else, it will be interesting to see what happens.

Update: Turns out I have fire ants living where I want to plant my flowers. Tilling up the soil would be a little dangerous right now so I'm going to try pouring boiling water over the area which is rumored to be a way of getting them to move elsewhere.

Update: First pot of water has been poured on the ground and it was cool to watch the ground steam for several minutes - kind of like a miniature version of something you'd see in Yosemite park.

No comments:

Post a Comment