Monday, March 30, 2009

BONSAI MOTHERFUCKER!:)

As I listen to probably the best album ever to come out in the 70's...Who's Next by ...well you know by Who. What a fantastic record. Here are some pictures from the ongoing porch renovation...
South Austin and funky porches go hand in hand , and ours is shaping up I think.
Let's go overhead to begin...
This is the first sign Annabelle and I "stole"...it was abandoned on the side of 183 way out north where people sell Bonsai trees and puppies...this sign is at least 16 years old since we liberated it...
This is one of my turtle babies resurrected as a candle...it's an Ornata shell and I'm ashamed to admit so much time has passed that I can't remember who it belonged to. I want to say Big Al...the scutes are so familiar. But there have been hundreds of turtles here over the years...but I can't be sure. But what I do know is I honor the memory.
We got this one from billy boy's step son...he gave it to us because he knew we we're stealing signs...but it rules as far as signage goes...on the flip side is a crudely stenciled "road work"...very cool.

I put in a new mailbox and the initial sticker was a bit much...I love me some Coop stickers...I was drinking mas cervezas and the thought of a devil girl looking at you underneath her junk was way cool. But we opted for an equally offensive devil head instead...bloody zombie street letters courtesy of me.

Us on the porch with the Beenzer...and that ol' Debbil is up in the corner...as always :)
We spent the evening out on the porch again tonight...grill (country style ribs) and music going on...
We love spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment