Wednesday, November 19, 2008

SAY WHAT?

I am hating this job, but not because of the scope entirely.Sure,it's frustrating just like any other job.You have the same shit you deal with,change orders,mistakes on prints,do overs.But the physical demands are kicking my ass.I suck it up and give it my best but at the end of the day I am hobbled.
My thumbs are so split and raw that I had to wrap the right thumb in TP and cover it in duct tape just to do the shit my hands have to do.I have work gloves,but they just don't work for that finer motor skill stuff.So I have silver thumbs-awesome.
Plus,I'm multi-tasking on a number of levels.I have the job and I have the songs and I have the home responsibilities...the cooking,the errand running and all that.
I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed.
Two more days and it's the weekend,then a short week and four days off for thanksgiving and on the Sunday of that break my birthday.
I've never felt my age before now, but lately it's been creeping into the picture.Shit!I say to myself,I'm gonna be 49 in 11 days time.
I think it's time for some new work boots.
I'm looking forward to the long break and I plan on a whole lot of nothing...yeah,right.

No comments:

Post a Comment