Sunday, November 16, 2008

INVASION

This morning Irene was paying close attention to one of my indoor turtle pens and Ann suggested that she thought there may be a rat inside who couldn't jump out.
I went and checked and sure enough, there was not one but two adolescent rats sharing quarters with Xena.
I got my pellet rifle and it was like fish in a barrel.Close range hollow point pellets at 1100 feet per second.By the time it was over I had dispatched SIX fucking rats to their god damned rat maker.I fucking hate rats, and more importantly,I hate the developer that is changing the woods behind my house into an upscale gated community (where the rats used to live...they are wood rats who no longer have their woods ) and i won't even go into the neighborhood ramifications beyond that.
I was a killing machine in boxer shorts.And as much as I don't want to admit it...it was fun.
Then,Irene and I went for our Sunday walk on the Gus... it was 42 f...Irene was a whirling dervish on the trail...it's amazing to me how energetic and vital she is at 8 years old,I had a smile plastered on my face the whole time.
Later on in the day I returned my borrowed kilt and scoped out some work needed at my friends store and came home with a kilt of my very own!The workman model...it's awesome.
My batteries in my camera are toast,so no pics of the walk or the kilt today...in fact,I should change them out now.
Back to work tomorrow...oh well.
Mass murder,a walk in the woods with my punkin' and new clothes...you can't beat that with a stick!

No comments:

Post a Comment