Saturday, July 19, 2008

WHY AM I AWAKE?!

I awoke with a start at 4-fucking-30 am,with the thought that I needed to be at work.Wait,dumb ass...it's Saturday,you are off.But I was unable to go back to sleep.I was also out of smokes.So,much to Irenes surprise her morning started with a ride to the store.She was a bit confused by the early hour,but thrilled to start her day off with a ride.
I've had a lot of dogs in my life,but this one is special.I've written at length about Irene here so I won't be redundant.Let me just say that I feel blessed that we have each other.
Carolyn can't believe that's really my desk...wow,Carolyn-after all these years-like ghosts along the Mississippi.I know we have lurkers here at depthmarker,and I'm ok with that...but this one left her name,and through the magic of my amazing computer skills I know who you are.But you didn't leave a link so I could contact you.To ask how you are and to wish you well.I guess I just did if she ever comes back.30 years is a long time,but I remember those days clearly,and despite the outcome,fondly.
But I'm sentimental like that.
That was so long ago-another lifetime,but I can conjure you in my mind and remember exactly how you looked-the sound of your voice.The curse of my long memory rising up to hit me again.
How's Catherine?Your parents?Please give them my best.
And next time,leave a link-OK?:)

No comments:

Post a Comment