Friday, July 25, 2008

THAT WAS REALLY COOL

My first wife called me last night,I haven't seen her in over 20 years,and haven't spoken to her in over 10.It was a bit awkward at first,but we eased into sharing stories about family and how our lives have been since those days-I was 21 days past my 18th birthday when we got married,she was 19.We were so young.
She said she had only fond memories of those days,and despite my mom's attempts to demonize her before and after,I share the same memories and fondness.We first met when we were 14 and 15,living in the twilight of the hippy generation.She was a cool chick back then,second only to my hair apparently (I wrote that on the back of a photo I sent to her-ha!).
Finally,my phone started chirping at me that it was about to die,so I had to go.But we resolved to stay in touch and agreed that our experience together was the beginning of the paths that led us to who we are now and that's a good thing-for both of us.
In the middle of a whirlwind week of old friends and family.
It's p-minus 48 hours to the party,tomorrow has hours of guitar playing,a trip to the tattoo shop (more about that later),and more electric consultation at my buddy Al's house.This weekend should rule!And we're all off on monday!Boo-Ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment