Tuesday, July 29, 2008

APPARENTLY,IT'S A GIBSON THING

On Sunday,I brought 3 guitars-My G&L ASAT,Gibson SG,and Washburn acoustic.I haven't played my gibson in a while,so it needed tuning.I changed the tuners a while back to some grover tuners,and ever since then I've had a near impossible time tuning it.I figured it was the grover tuners (which is crazy,because they are superior to the rinky dink factory tuners that come on a SG standard.
After about 10 minutes I gave up and went to the ASAT,which,after sitting out on my amp for a week,was still in tune save for the low E.I gave my SG to LT (who is a gibson guy) and said "I defy you to tune this guitar".He just smiled and said,"It's a gibson,I can tune it".And sure enough,within 5 minutes it was ready to go.
I gave LT the few dollars I had in my pocket-which he snuck back into my washburn without telling me.I now have money inside my guitar.
As they said in Young Guns...Pals.

No comments:

Post a Comment