Friday, July 04, 2008

IT'S A GOOD THING I SOLD MY GUN

Something woke me up at 3:45am on the 4th of July...what in the fuck is that noise?Or rather,noises?Why,it's the sound of heavy equipment chopping into the street complete with motor revving noises and the beeping so you'll know they are backing up,which has been happening in 15 second intervals,in between the sound of grinding asphalt and people yelling at each other over the noise.
Why are they doing this?On the forth...at 4:00 in the god damn morning???In my drinky days I would be over there in my boxers,barefoot and indignant screaming obscenities.
While I eyed my shotgun and had some ugly thoughts-I instead donned the headphones and put in the Robert Plant/Alison Krauss CD Raising Sand.(excellent,by the way)
Ultimately a better choice for everyone concerned.
But,god damn...

No comments:

Post a Comment