Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Next party
We are kicking around ideas for the next Club Spit party. Back in the day, when we held these party/jam events on a regular basis we always had one each year called "Fallback" in October - a reference to fall weather (such as it is here in Austin) and the daylight saving time change. With daylight saving time pushed out to November, that tradition is probably best left retired. Instead, we've settled on mid-September (in honor of my birthday) and we'll probably have it out at Country Club Spit in Dripping Springs. September weather around here is unpredictable and it could be blistering hot or we could have a freak cold front blow through and cool things down a bit, but it's never so cold that an outdoor venue would be a problem. And September is an excellent time to go camping which makes Country Club Spit the perfect choice since all participants are encouraged to bring a tent and stay overnight. This year my birthday on the 15th does not conflict with ACL (Austin City Limits Festival) so I shouldn't have any problem getting some time off for the weekend of the 13th (all my coworkers always want off for ACL and I'm always having to argue that my birthday is a lot older than ACL so I should get priority.) We still need to check the date with the Country Club and I've got to clear it with my boss, but for now tentatively mark your calendar for Saturday, September 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment